Veterans Day Celebration
Please join the Green Elementary PTA, Staff, and students on Friday, November 8 to honor Veteran guests during our 13th Annual Veterans Day Celebration!
On Veterans Day, we thank and honor ALL those who served honorably in the military - in wartime or peacetime. Green will host a welcome reception, a school-wide flag raising ceremony and a Veterans parade throughout our school, culminating with a musical program in the cafeteria presented by the 6th grade choir.
Here's how you can get involved:
- Parents: Please fill out the online registration form by Monday, November 4 if you have a Veteran who will join us at this year's event, OR if you have a new Veteran you would like included in our slide show.
- IMPORTANT: All information and photos submitted last year will be included in this year's slide show, so no need to resubmit unless your Veteran is joining us at the event, or you have updated information.
- Students: write a thank you note to an injured soldier at at a local VA Center. Card templates will be in your Thursday folder. Turn in your card to Mrs. Pastula in the front office by Thursday, November 7 and receive a patriotic sticker!
- Students: show your USA pride on Veterans Day by wearing the following colors:
- Kinder, 5th and 6th - wear RED (unless you are in the 6th grade choir)
- 1st and 2nd - wear WHITE
- 3rd and 4th - wear BLUE
A breakfast reception for our Veteran guests and their families will begin at 7:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. Please come in the cafeteria door and check in at our welcome table. The school-wide flag raising and parade will begin around 8:00 a.m. All Veterans, their guests and all Green Scout troops are welcome to walk in our parade. (Students bringing a Veteran must check in with their teacher before the 7:45 a.m. bell before joining their guest in the cafeteria.)
Why join the PTA?
Successful students make successful schools— which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
Remember to complete the annual AISD volunteer application so you can volunteer with us this year!